...details that make a difference

Thursday, November 8, 2012

The 4 Most Magical Evenings


A recent dining experience out with my love happened to be the far worst service I have ever experienced in a restaurant.  I dine out quite a bit and have an understanding that not always things go as planned, mistakes are made, and after all, we are all human; but this evening took top prize in poor service. It sadly left us with no other option at the end of our meal, to pull the manager aside to have a kind, but very candid conversation. It concerns me that other people can have similar experiences as the one I had that evening.  Nonetheless, I am reminded of all the good times, and I am grateful for the, oh, so many amazing dining experience I have been blessed with. When I think about the most memorable meals I personally have many, but there are just a few experiences that rank above the rest.  Here are my top 4 most exquisite and best dining experiences.


Number 4
Florence, Italy:
To be honest, I do not remember the name of the restaurant, the street it was on, or the name of our charming waiter, but this will forever be a moment of restaurant joy for me.  I was traveling with a group of students from culinary school.  A few girls and I decided to venture out for late dinner one evening.  It was the very first time I had ever ate real gnocchi; the homemade potato dumplings, not the packaged dense glue balls that we can buy at our grocery store.  It was presented in a simple marinara sauce with fresh basil and Parmesan.  These little heavenly pillows of potato melted away like butter on my tongue.  I reminisce of these pure simple flavors now although it was several years ago.  Not only was the food superb, clean, fresh and simple, it was accompanied by the charm of our, not one, but three handsome dark haired Italian waiters.  As a table of 6 young American girls, we caught their attention.  After dessert, we all left with a stunning red rose, a humble gift from our very attentive servers.

No comments:

Post a Comment