...details that make a difference

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Food and Wine, it just Makes Sense


Number 2 of 4

Sonoma Valley, California: Ledson Winery

You may have heard of it if you are familiar with Sonoma Valley, but if not, seek it out if you are going for a visit. You can’t miss this winery, as it is a beautiful castle-like estate.  They offer fine wine and a great cafĂ© for picnic lunches.  I don’t really know how my brother did it, but somehow he had arranged for us to have a private lunch there.  This was all a surprise to me as I thought we were going for wine and a picnic, but instead we were led up the grand staircase to a quaint table outside on the small veranda overlooking the vineyard. The wine was poured, and an 8-course lunch began.  To this day I don’t know what my brother had told them, but the chef personally delivered each dish with pride an explanation and perfect paring of wine. It was one of the longest and most delicious, fun, and beautiful meals I have ever experienced.

Share your favorite food and wine paring? I love red wine, friends and good brie with apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment