...details that make a difference

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkins and Pests

OK, Speaking of how much I love pumpkins I recently went out to pick a few very cute ones from the pumpkin patch.

 However, today I realized that some one else had already made a healthy snack of out them.


The culprit was caught with cheeks full of pumpkin.

 I guess squirrels also enjoy this fall treat. He seems to prefer his pumpkin seeds raw. Sadly I will not be carving these but I do get to go and pick out more. If you have any advice on how to keep squirrels away from my pumpkins I would love to know.

1 comment:

  1. I have new information! This morning on Fox 9 they have notes about the Pumpkin Palooza going on at the MN Landscape Arboretum. They said to keep squirrels away from pumpkins to use Vaseline on all the cut surfaces, spray the pumpkin with WD40 or use hot sauce. Being a food lover I think I will try the hot sauce first. I will make it a vert spicy pumpkin. Take that squirrels.

    ReplyDelete